Deco M9 setup Unable to connect to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 setup Unable to connect to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Deco M9 setup Unable to connect to the internet
2020-11-28 22:52:59
Thank you for the advice @Myanmeisclark. Leaving the Deco on then rebooting the Arris SB8200 worked for me. I actually unplugged both the Arris and the Deco for several minutes. I plugged the Deco in first and didn't wait for the red light to come on on the Deco before plugging the Arris' power back in.
Options
2020-12-17 00:51:22

@Georgea8 SAME SAME...  i am connecting to tplink router and then connect my mesh to router. so the speed is not as satisfy as it suppose to be. when i connect y mesh directly to gateway. it is red light... 

Options
2020-12-18 00:12:09

@Mynameisclark 

Bought my M9+ 3 pack at Costco based upon great experience with M5 for my parents.

Random disconnects, update the firmware, no change. Tried downgrading, that did nothing either.

Disappointed, obviously no testing was done prior to shipping. I've read numerous posts on the community regarding V1 & V2 having the same problems. I'm returning to Costco tomorrow for something else.

Can't believe my FIOS WiFi is better than this product.

Options
2020-12-18 01:53:47
Im also having exactly the same issue and til now still not solved yet..sweat.. I can only connect my deco to the dir850l router.. anyone can help?
Options
2021-03-03 03:59:54

@Tim_714 

I spent 2 hours with Unfi (ISP provider) to solve the issue.

They ended up going via VLAN settings and then picking the correct country and provider. So for Unifi, it's Malaysia-Unifi. There were lots of other options, like Australia etc. 

Whereas I was trying PPPoE and Dynamic IP prior. On the Deco App you can select the VLAN option during the set up of the router. 

Hope this helps someone and saves them the hassle. 

Options
2021-06-21 15:45:34

@sofasonics I was able to fix the exact same issue with my Deco M5 by perfoerming a MAC Address Cloning. It seems the Decos have a hard time re-connecting to the Xfinity/Comcast modem after an inernet service interruption or when the modem is restarted. MAC cloining fixed the issue. By the way, tp-link support DIDN'T suggest this option, they just wasted 2 hours of my time making me power cycle the modem and the device.

Options
2021-07-31 23:17:26

I have also just fixed this no internet connection issue for my TP-Link Deco X60 Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi System by rebooting ONLY the modem and waiting 5 minutes before turning it back on. Thank you very much for the tip!!!

Options