Router not seeing Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router not seeing Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router not seeing Switch
Router not seeing Switch
2020-03-28 22:27:27
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981

For some reason today my router has stopped seeing my switch. I have not changed anything!! I picked up a new switch to trouble shoot, same issue. In fact when I plugged in the switch it killed the internet to the router. I've had some fucky stuff happen with this router over the past 10 months. It always seemed to self solve itself. But I'm at a loss. The swith i was using is a tp-link tl-sg116.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router not seeing Switch
2020-03-30 22:08:54

@gadget069 

Disconnect everything from the switch but the cable to the router and a cable to your computer, also disconnect any other cables to the C5400 LAN. Reboot the router, once the router comes back up do you have a internet connection?

Options
Re:Router not seeing Switch
2020-04-01 16:49:50

@Tony the yes and no. the problem comes and goes. I had given up for the day and let it sit over night.  I checked in the morning everything that was connected to the switch was connected to the internet. Then it pooped out later all on its own. It's beeing sent in for an RMA. I'm looking at getting something newer. I picked up a nighthwak from the local big box store and hates its interface and paretnal controls.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 849

Replies: 2

Related Articles