Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup
Setup
2020-03-30 06:41:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear community 

I am just about to setup my m4 system. I have a virgin media hub in modem mode with a tp link router attached as the virgin router is rubbish for WiFi and the tp link is much better. My question is can I still use this setup and plug the deco into the TPLink router or will I have to reset the virgin box back to factory settings and the plug in my deco into the virgin box taking out the TPLink router all together. I have lots of WiFi dead spots in my house hence buying the deco system. Many thanks in advance people. 

Ranky

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup
2020-03-31 15:08:19

@Ranky 

If you are happy with your current setup, just set the Deco in AP mode. Have at least one of the Deco units wired to the current router. The other units can be placed around as they will connect to the wired Deco or each other to form a mesh network, giving you the coverage you need. While in AP Mode everything connected to the Deco will be on the same network of the main router.

You will need to set up the Deco regularly so it will be in router mode, but you will then go into the advanced settings and you will switch the operation mode to AP Mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 1

Related Articles