Archer C7 connected no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-31 22:07:06
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had the router for three months, it worked fine until two weeks ago. On my Google pixel it connects but displays "connected, no internet" and on my laptop I get "server not responding" errors.  I've reset the router multiple times, changed DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and another opendns combo Google suggested and nothing has worked.  I set it as Dynamic IP everytime and I've tried cloning MAC address but that hasn't shown any results either.  My internet works with the laptop plugged directly into the wall through Ethernet so it must be the router.  

Any suggestions and troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 connected no internet
2020-03-31 22:36:24

@BarryDander 

If you connect the Ethernet cable to the internet port of the router and it does not even light up at all, then the port likely failed. If the internet light turns amber then it sees a connection, but it is not getting internet. Likely what ever manages or provides a internet connection is not recognzing the router.

If you plug in the C7, and look at the internet settings try to release and renew to see if a IP shows up. If the IP still is all 0s or 0.0.0.0 then the connection is not recognizing the router and only your computer, MAC clone doesn't always work. If the ISP manages the connection contact them to see if there is any MAC binding going on or who ever manages the connection.

Options
2020-04-01 04:11:14 - last edited 2020-04-01 04:12:32

@Tony 

Thank you for your response.  The LEDs have always all lit up, and I get an IP address Everytime, it has never been 0.0.0.0.  I reset it again with the same results, it shows that my laptop and phone are connected but internet is not working on either.  I'll call my ISP to question about MAC binding, thanks.

Options
2020-04-01 18:37:44

@Tony 

So my ISP said I need to put the router into bridge mode.  I can't seem to find that anywhere, is it possible to get the Archer C7 into bridge mode? They also said when the connection is working my IP should start with "10" and right now it starts with "192."

Options
2020-04-02 16:10:51

@BarryDander 

Very odd.

You can set the router as a access point to see if that will be it. It pretty much is a "bridge mode" in that it accepts the connection, but does not do any routing or acts like a router.

The cable that provides internet would be plugged into the blue port or internet port, log into the router. Go to Advanced > Operation Mode > Select Access Point Mode.

Options