Deco M5 - should I enable Deco antivirus if all my devices have Norton Internet Security?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - should I enable Deco antivirus if all my devices have Norton Internet Security?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-01 04:59:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.9.27 ??

I just installed the M5 today. It has the option of turning on Trend Micro antivirus. In the past, I have seen recommendations not to have two different antivirus programs running at the same time. That applied to one PC. But I have no idea what might apply where one program is running on a router and the other on multiple PCs and iPhones.

Also, I can't find my hardware or firmware version info in iPhone app or with a browser login to the Deco M5. How can I find them?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - should I enable Deco antivirus if all my devices have Norton Internet Security?
2020-04-01 20:47:12

@RandySea2 

I would leave both on, and just see how the network reacts. If you are noticing any issues, you could then look to disable the antivirus to see if that may be the cause such as speed or connection issues with programs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1312

Replies: 1