Deco M9 Plus Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Firmware Update
2020-05-04 13:46:20

@42K1D 

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I wanted to update the router's time zone, but was uable to access the admin website.  Spent almost three hours with live chat support when  we both decided to give up.  Can you advise what you did to fix the probem?

Options
2020-05-17 20:36:27

@AndresI Sorry, but I can't offer any advice/solution. The issue resolved shortly after TP-Link supposedly pushed an update to their servers. I never did get access to the admin pages and I'm still waiting for the elusive Deco M9 Plus firmware update to get the system up to the capabilities provided to the M5s last summer. 

Options
2020-07-09 22:15:16

@42K1D  the firmware thing is still an issue months later.  I'm currently stuck at 20191014 release because the app won't recognize the outdated FW.  Chat support had the gall to recommend logging into the unavailable web portal to perform the update.  

Perhaps somebody like @Tony can work some magic with the right connections.  ??

Options
2020-07-10 12:48:51

@daCurmudgeon

Acorrding to TP-Link, you need to manual update your firmware and next online update will be available.

You can use this Utility to update firmware from the computer, a new firmware can also download from here.

I have an issue using hardwired for this update, it doesnt regconize UserID and password, may be because I have a switch between computer and my Deco. Anyway, using wireless connection seems to be fine.

Good luck!

Options
2020-09-03 14:43:32
sorry to ask this 2 months after but you seem to successfully have updated to the new firmware, i was sent the utility link and also the bin file, i have tried several times and it goes through the entire process but last screen says that deco's will be rebooted but they never are so nothing is installed, i also rebooted then manually and still no new firmware, i did do the update with all my deco's connected with Ethernet, i thought that would be best, are you saying to have the main Deco with Ethernet and the other two wireless? what do you mean about the switch? please help, customer support has no idea, thank you!
Options
2020-09-04 14:47:54
Never mind, i disconnected my nodes from wired and put them as wireless, it upgraded easily, the last page where it show that it will reboot, i waited about 5 minutes and then it rebooted. All good, thanks.
Options
2020-10-05 21:19:28
Replaced a Nighthawk 6900 with the M9 Plus (both purchased a Costco). M9Plus setup was trouble free. Took maybe 20 minutes. We have a 2900 square foot home with metal siding and a patio in the middle and the M9Plus covers it all plus reaches to our 5th wheel security camera inside the trailer about 50 feet from the house. Installed the WPA2-PSK [AES] update using the downloaded Update utility. Running about 25 switches smart plugs and cameras with no issues.
Options
2021-06-06 03:02:19
I fix this problem using the Utility ( Deco M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool_v1.2.0_Windows) to force the firmware updated. Now all my M9 DECOS are at the same firmware level.
Options