C4000 is very buggy, needs firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 03:44:37
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel.78773

Even with latest firmware, I still have a very buggy C4000. And some people also experienced problems with it too. Unfortunately, many don't get any solution.

Surely, customers need new firmware to fix the problems.

Some even try not to upgrade firmware as it gives more problems.

I would like to mention my problems:

1. 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals gone. And appears warning: "the 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country"

The only way to turn on 2.4GHz, when the warning appears, is to hard reset and disable all the 5GHz, restart, and cross ur fingers.

2. When I pull WAN cable and connect again, 2.4GHz gone and needs router restart. When I changed 2.4GHz settings like Beacon timing, the warning appears and I cant do anything.

3. USB drive connected to usb 3.0 not stable. Sometimes the device can not reading. Firmware said the USB problem is fixed, but not in my experienced.

4. I am too lazy to test the other features of this quad core router as I am sure more problems will come. Basic usages of the router are already buggy, I am sure advanced usage would be more buggy.

Do I regret buying cheap quad-core router that is buggy and unstable?

Yes, I would not make use of this quad core because of the bug, it is much better just to buy dual core router that is not buggy.

I will not make buying decision based on the hardware alone. 

Please, help customers who already put their faith in buying your products by providing us with good firmware fixes.

Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:C4000 is very buggy, needs firmware update
2020-04-06 17:18:31

@DCT 

Please follow up with your local TP-Link support team here: https://www.tp-link.com/id/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

With the multiple issues you can see if they may have a solution or begin the replacement processes if needed.

Options
2020-04-06 18:32:26

@DCT 

I just went to Microcenter and exchanged my AC4000 for another one. The only problem that I had with mine was that it started rebooting on its own. At first it was once per week. Then it was 4 to 5 days. This morning it rebooted twice. The setting for automatic reboot was turned off. Today was my last day to exchange or refund the router so I exchanged it. The first thing I noticed when uppacking the new AC4000 is the power brick looks different. Not sure if they had a number of defective ones or not. I guess I'll know in a little bit if this second one reboots on its own or not. If this one also reboots I'l exchange it for a different brand. Hope you get your issues resolved.

Options
2020-04-11 11:28:07

@Tony Thank you, but I doubt I can get replacement. I bought it from other coutry, so the box and receipt are all gone.

Options
2020-04-11 11:30:11 - last edited 2020-04-11 11:32:29

@ram1220 Ahh, new power brick? Are they the same 12V and 5A or different spec? I have the one with HuntKey on it.

Now new problem with mine, it keeps rebooting endlessly. Cant even use it at all. 

Unfortunately, I don't have the box and receipt anymore so I can replace it with new one. 

Options
2020-04-17 17:03:47
The power brick has the same specs. My replacement router has now started rebooting on it's own every other day. I have auto reboot turned off. I am more than livid at this point. I have spent my last cent on TP-Link products. I am now looking at other brands to replace this piece of crap. I think it's the firmware. And there is no way to load a previous firmware on it. I have tried. The last firmware was stable. I have always purchased TP-Link products because they worked. Until this piece of garbage. no more.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3598

Replies: 5