The uswername/password entry has in light grey user/passowrd. Yes password is spelled incorrectly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The uswername/password entry has in light grey user/passowrd. Yes password is spelled incorrectly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-04 15:04:37
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought this sceond hand to give TP-Link a try as I was fed up with the problems with the BT hubs.

I am very pleased with the W9970 but after a few months I now cannot login. I wrote the password down so I know I'm entering it correctly.

I have two concerns:

1. that the word password that is there to show where it has to be entered is spelled incorrectly in the entry box (passowrd). Was this a manufacturing mistake originally?

2. Firefox puts a label over this box to warn that entries here are not secure and could be compromised. I tried https:\\192.168.1.1 but page not available so is this insecure connection normal?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:The uswername/password entry has in light grey user/passowrd. Yes password is spelled incorrectly
2020-04-06 17:23:59

@drakeysnr 

When accessing the TP-Link device locally it will mention it is not a secured connection, since you are local that is fine as you are not going to the internet.

If you are entering the password you believe is correct, try another web browser or any other to see if it is a web browser issue.

If you still can not log in I would recommend factory defaulting the device and setting it up again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 1