Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
Re:Deco App Not showing devices
2023-01-30 14:11:00

@David-TP 

I recently started having the same issue - noticed it first yesterday.  Network appears to be working normally, but it shows no online clients - only offline clients. 

The firmware is 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel.36456

I am using Ver 3.2.13 of the Deco app.

Thanks,

Kenny B.

Options
2023-01-31 13:16:06

@ElsonThomas

It seems my problem is solved. I have a router with wifi (Telenor) connected to the modem, and the main Deco x20 unit is plugged into that one. Even if they are on the same network, they do not seem to communicate perfectly. My Huawei laptop seemed to connect directly to the Telenor router, while my sever connected with one of the three Deco units, and they didn't see each other. When I removed the Telenor router and plugged the main Deco directly into the modem, and spreading the signal to TV, stereo, etc, with an old switch I had lying around, everything seem to work. Especially, it is no longer a problem to reach the server from my laptop. Al units are now showing up in the Deco app.

However, I will be crossing my fingers for some time to come.

Options
2023-01-31 14:30:17

Same issue with X55 and M5's 

When I had just the M5's in a prior network I used to see all the devices. Now I see none but devices are working.

Options
2023-02-02 20:45:14

@KennyB.001 @David-TP 

My Deco app starting showing online clients again for some unknow reason.  I didn't change anything. Weird.

Options
2023-03-30 13:34:32

@ElsonThomas 

I am also having the same issue with my Deco P9 units.

In the app, the main unit shows up, but the other 3 P9's have now lost the name they were given, and I am unable to click on them.

However, all devices that are WiFi connected are all still working fine, and have internet access.

Like others, I have email TP Link support, and they have asked me to various things, none of which has worked. They also asked for screenshots, which I have provided.

I first noticed an issue when the P9 status lights didn't go out at the set time after the clocks changed to BST, so I opened the app to see that there was an issue.

I had set the lights to go out at 10pm and on again at 8am, but they were still on at 11pm,

Going to a browser and opening the IP address of the main P9 shows that the time is set correctly, so it isn't a GMT/BST issue.

The only unit I can access via a browser is the main one, as the app won't allow me to open the others to check their IP addresses.

My suspicion is that there is a bug in the app,

Options
2023-04-13 22:48:22

@TP-Link 

My deco have the same problem. It used to display the clients but now it shows 0 client list. Rebooting the network didn't help. Checked for updates and it say updated. Everything else seems to be OK, wifi, internet connections are working. I'm using M4R models. Current firmware is 1.1.8

Options
2023-05-03 08:12:04

I was having the exact same issue after recently changing from a mesh of 3 S7 to 3 P9. It started happening when I replaced the main unit, then all my devices were gone.

After a lot of experimenting, I was able to fix this by recreating the network. My setup is fairly small so I didn't mind reconfiguring everything (you lose all configurations like rules, ips, device names, etc). The steps I've followed are:

- disconnect 1 node from the current network

- use this node to create a new network in the app. It can be any name/password

- connect a device to it and make sure it's working and listed

- delete the old network via the app (YOU WILL LOSE ANY CONFIGURATION SAVED, SO BE AWARE)

- rename the new network exactly the same as the old name, also change the password to the old one

- this should make near devices already start connecting and being listed

- go to each extra node, reset it, and add to the network again

I've done this after trying the previous suggestions (rebooting, updating firmware, etc), and it solved the issue. 

Definitely not the ideal solution, but at least is a way to move forward and have the devices being listed again until TP-Link solves the problem via software.

Options
2023-05-03 09:35:05

@Pecavalheiro 

Did you do a factory reset of the unit you removed and reconfigured?

Options
2023-05-03 10:55:06

@PhilGSY Yes, I did that to the first one before creating the new network, and then to each other node before adding them.

Options
2023-05-03 16:08:56

@Pecavalheiro 

Thanks for that. I will give it a try as soon as I am feeling better - managed to pick up Covid, and not feeling great.

Did you also remove the app and reinstall it?

Options