Deco P9 - Network Map

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 - Network Map

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 - Network Map
Deco P9 - Network Map
2020-04-06 16:22:40 - last edited 2020-04-06 16:24:02
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.9.27

New here, please excuse if question already been asked, i searched.

Just setup Deco P9 3 nodes and all works fine.

But how can i see which node the devices connects to and if its 2 or 5 Ghz?

The IOS app is not the best.

Tried access web interface but seems like P9 does not have web interface, or does it?

So i would like to see which node my devices connects to and also check roaming works properly.

Also, how can i check if any traffic goes over powerline?

Anyone?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Network Map
2020-04-07 18:38:46

@P92020 

Currently the P9 firmware that give the Web GUI is not released yet. The update should also include which device that is connected to which Deco. We are hoping to get the update out soon.

Options
2020-04-12 20:40:54

@Tony Hi. How soon? I really need this feature.

Options
2020-04-13 18:23:52

@P92020 

Unable to say, patience is all we could ask. When the update is released your app should notify you so you will not miss it.

Options
2020-04-15 13:32:38

@Tony 

New FW Q2 or Q3 i have been told by support.

My best bet would be Q3.

Options
2020-04-15 13:49:49

Funny it is when i think of it how eager the manufacturers are to push out their products to the market before they are finished.

I replaced my Asus Lyra 3-pack after using it 1 year because it was so unstable mainly i think because of triple band, one of the 2 5Ghz bands using DFS always thought there was Radar frequence collision and restarted causing basically all 3 nodes to hang. But the features available and App was excellent for configuration changes.

Now i have the TP-Link Deco P9 and so far its really stable since about 2 weeks of use, so thumbs up for that so far.

But when it comes to lack of functionality thats been discussed in here i am amazed that TP-Link releases anything like this without even putting a sticker on the box telling you the limitations.

Limitations:

Not able to see a proper network map, which node your devices are connected to.

Not able to change the pre-configured LAN Ip range, you have to stick to what you get, 192.168.68.x.

No able to use a Web Management Interface to the router ( leading deco ).

Not able to do telnet or ssh to the router.

Most of this is basic functionality in a router.

P9 i guess has been out since sometime last year 2019 and still this basic things are not possible.

I just hope that all this testing being done ( i hope ) will result in a flawless firmware upgrade with all features there and not bugs.

Options
2020-04-17 19:17:24

@P92020 

I "solved" the issue of the shortcomings of the P9 system by installing an old Asus RT-N56U router I had lying around (actually I had been using the Asus as a wifi repeater, made redundant by the P9 system).

By placing the Asus RT-N56U router between the cable modem and the first P9 unit, diabling the Asus' wifi, and putting the P9s into Access Point mode, I'm able to do all the network management with a web browser via the Asus RT-N56U router. I assigned IP 10.0.0.1 to the Asus, and 10.0.0.2-4 to the three P9 units, and everything is great.

Better than waiting over a year for an updated firmware.

Options
2020-04-18 08:08:13 - last edited 2020-04-18 08:08:50

@Anthony2816 

Great idea, might look into that myself.

If this way makes it possible to change the Lan IP, why in the world doesn't TP-Link provide this feature thru the App?

Tp-Link should do agile development and realease small features when they are ready rather than spending years devoloping new FW that contains it all.

I mean other tp-link mesh products has the feature, do not really understand their thinking here.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Options
2020-04-19 21:15:31

@P92020 

You can also put them in access point mode and let your main router just hand out addresses (DHCP) to your network. I had a bunch of other random issues using access point mode unfortunately (YMMV) so I'm forced to use back to back routers as well.

Options
2020-04-19 21:52:28

@P9BetaTester 

What sort of problems did you have with the P9s in Access Mode?

So far it's been smooth sailing here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1997

Replies: 9

Related Articles