How can I tell what mode my devices are connected with?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 02:33:16 - last edited 2020-04-07 18:26:08
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hey folks, I'm new to TP-Link and no expert at networking, so apologies in advance if this question doesn't make sense.  I just got an AX50 (AX3000?  I'm still confused as both model designations are listed on the box - but that's a different question).  I understand this router supports multiple modes (802.11ax, ac, n, etc.) - but how can I see what mode each connected device is using?  While the router may support the fancy new WIFI 6... I think only one of my devices does (iphone 11).  But is there a way to see if it's even using that?  And how can I see what the other devices are using?

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How can I tell what mode my devices are connected with?-Solution
2020-04-07 15:55:12 - last edited 2020-04-07 18:26:08

@HankRearden 

From the router it will not show that. What you can do as a alternative is to look at the connection details of the client device. The router will broadcast for the 2.4GHz, b/g/n/ax so if the client device is not compatible with ax it will go down the next which will be n. Same for the 5GHz devices, if they do not support ax, they will connect using the ac protocol.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How can I tell what mode my devices are connected with?-Solution
2020-04-07 15:55:12 - last edited 2020-04-07 18:26:08

@HankRearden 

From the router it will not show that. What you can do as a alternative is to look at the connection details of the client device. The router will broadcast for the 2.4GHz, b/g/n/ax so if the client device is not compatible with ax it will go down the next which will be n. Same for the 5GHz devices, if they do not support ax, they will connect using the ac protocol.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 1

Related Articles