No lights on a Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No lights on a Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No lights on a Archer C9
No lights on a Archer C9
2020-04-07 08:45:20
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20171215 rel.35219(4555)

Last night I discovered that my ipad wouldn't connect to my wifi so I checked the router and found that none of the LED lights were lit.

I restarted the router but this didnt help. ipad wouldnt connect. I rebooted the ipad, forgot the network, and rest the network settings but it still wouldnt connect.

Checking the router this morning I see no change. No lights. I have power cycled the router and the light all come on when I start it but then they all go off. I have restarted it, reset it, restored to defaults but still the lights are not lit. I still have access to the net via my wired pc but not with the ipad. The router says that the ipad is connected but I have no wifi logo on the ipad and no access.

Is the router on the way out?

Options
3 Reply
Re:No lights on a Archer C9
2020-04-07 16:30:06

@Any1else 

Very odd.

Other then the iPad, say your smart phone do you have the same issues?

Enable the guest network for your C9, and test those, how are those networks working?

Options
2020-04-07 19:45:20
Cheers Tony - got it sorted. Issue with a VPN not logging in so it wouldnt let the ipad access the wifi. All the lights are back on the router too. Scratching my head on that one though.
Options
2020-04-07 21:08:35

@Any1else 

Glad it is working, but ya, definatley not normal. In the end I would lean a bit toward it could be starting to go. Hopefully just the LED lights which would only be cosmetic if any, but if anything happens please let us know.

Options