Deco M5 WiFi slow after recent firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 WiFi slow after recent firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Deco M5 WiFi slow after recent firmware update
2020-05-06 07:22:29 - last edited 2020-05-06 07:37:02

@Bradduh @SethL @Tony 

Sadly this lasted about 3 days!!!! again its the 5ghz thats become a problem! I am now thinking its the 5ghz getting interfence from neighbours virgin 5ghz, sadly it seems we are sharing the same channel, and these decos refuse to swap from channel (44) ever, no matter what, including full rebooting and hard resets!!!! WHY is there not an option to manually specify the wifi channels?

The only choice I have is to permanently turn off my 5Ghz!!! @Tony when will manual channel selection be available? looking at the forums this has been requested for over 8 months now? if this is never going to be implemented I will have to return the decos and swap to a mesh system that can allow me to choose a channel

BigE0n
Options
Re:Deco M5 WiFi slow after recent firmware update
2020-05-06 21:20:38

@SethL 

Your modem MAC bound to the first Deco. When you switch Deco units, leave the new Deco on, and reboot just the modem. Internet should then start going to the new Deco once the modem is up.

Options