Deco M5 - Repeater - Different WiFi Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-08 07:05:52 - last edited 2020-10-19 11:34:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I currently have a Deco m5 setup internally in the house, we are currently building an outside office which is some 90m away from the main house. Unfortunately running cable to this point is not an option and instead have opted to use a TP-LINK EP225-Outdoor, now I know this does not work directly with the mesh network on the deco and that is fine.

What im wondering is whether I can install an M5 in the outside office to repeat the Wi-Fi single the EP225 is providing and then use ethernet to go into a switch:

Internet ---> Modem ---> M5 (router mode) ---> EP225 ~~~~~~~~~~M5--->Switch---> Multiple devices

The above shows ---> as hard wired and ~ shows Wi-Fi

Is this possible?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 - Repeater - Different WiFi Connection-Solution
2020-10-08 16:58:21 - last edited 2020-10-19 11:34:33

@CNSam 

No, the M5 would need a Deco to get the Wi-Fi, if not then you could provide a wired connection to the M5 which should work fine.

So I would try something like:

Internet ---> Modem ---> M5 (router mode) ---> CPE510 ~~~~~~~~~~ CPE510 --->M5--->Switch---> Multiple devices.

(Access Point Mode)         (Client Mode)

If the M5 at the remote location is not communication to your existing Deco network via Ethernet Backhaul,  you can try to create a new network just for that M5. In the Deco app you open the top left menu and tap the double arrows to see the option.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Repeater - Different WiFi Connection-Solution
2020-10-08 16:58:21 - last edited 2020-10-19 11:34:33

@CNSam 

No, the M5 would need a Deco to get the Wi-Fi, if not then you could provide a wired connection to the M5 which should work fine.

So I would try something like:

Internet ---> Modem ---> M5 (router mode) ---> CPE510 ~~~~~~~~~~ CPE510 --->M5--->Switch---> Multiple devices.

(Access Point Mode)         (Client Mode)

If the M5 at the remote location is not communication to your existing Deco network via Ethernet Backhaul,  you can try to create a new network just for that M5. In the Deco app you open the top left menu and tap the double arrows to see the option.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 1

Related Articles