Archer C9 QoS not working (Atleast as i understand it should)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 14:43:42
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869(4555)

The title is quite self-explanatory.

I have a brand new Archer C9 no more than 3 months old, everything worked, yesterday i built a PC for my little brother, he likes gaming and so do i. Everything worked great at first, but when he started updating/downloading gaming, he takes all broadband, 250 Mbps. 

So i enabled QoS, got his Mac address, and sat him in lowest priority 5% of the network, at first i thought that could solve the problem, it did nothing, so i added my PC as well to the highest 50% priority and our home media device to medium 25% (So far 80%) Still nothing.

So then i changed our Upload/download bandwidth to half of what we have, just in case we get less broadband during peak hours, from 225 Mbps (i took 10% off initially) down to 90 Mbps, still, nothing, whenever he updates/downloads he lags the whole network.
I know its lagging, cuz when i ping our router, instead, the typical 1ms respond i get 40ms to 200 something ms.

Another thing i see happen when he is updating/downloading, both our wired connections disappear from Status > Wired Clientes. Yet i can still see both computers under traffic statistics.

The last variable to the pie, he sits behind a TP-Link power line (AV600). It's not possible atm to connect him directly to the router, due to his room been quite away from it.
I have tried changing the QoS it comes with from "Internet" to "Online Gaming" and vice versa and nothing still lags.

So I'm out of ideas, i was looking for some old Bandwidth control, where i could regulate the max and minimum each client could have, but apparently C9 doesn't have it?  
Did i buy the wrong router? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 QoS not working (Atleast as i understand it should)
2020-04-08 20:18:24

@Bronosh 

What you are doing sounds right. Are the computer network adapters assigned a static IP address (likely not just making sure)? How you are assuming it should is is how it should be working. 

Please post a screenshot of what you have configured.

Options
Re:Archer C9 QoS not working (Atleast as i understand it should)
2020-07-31 18:06:30

@Tony 
Hi Tony.

Sorry for the very very late reply. I wasn't able to get to a PC for a few months.

So, i did as you suggested, i reserved IP for my brothers PC, the MI Box, and my PC

We do have phones and tablets, but they are not used to download massive packages. 

Any suggestion could be appreciated, i may end up buying a new router with bandwidth control. 

File:
234234.PNGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 526

Replies: 2

Related Articles