Wireless Connection Lost on MacBooks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-09 16:02:07 - last edited 2020-04-09 16:04:12
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821

I have been experiencing a loss of wireless connection to MacBooks in my home and can't figure out why.  I can connect other devices, phones, Windows PC, laptops, Nest devices, and have no issues.  Two different Mac laptops seem to randomly work for a few hours and then disconnect.  

I have the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz enabled - 

I have Guest Network enabled for only 2.4 Ghz

No filters, no parent controls, no black lists

IPv4 Dynamic IP, as well as IPv6 and everything disabled on the "Advanced settings".

I have removed the wireless names in each book, cleared settings, updated OS on them, called APPLE and they said check the wireless network to see if there is some authentication issues, or setup preventing them to connect after a period of time.  I have looked everywhere in the APP and can't see anything.

After I reset everything on the MacBook, I can connect for maybe a few hours, it might last 24 hrs, and then never connect again.  I am within 6 ft of the WAP and don't know where else to turn except get rid of the MAC -hahah

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless Connection Lost on MacBooks
2020-04-09 20:37:51

@gm3211 

Sounds like the wirless adapter on the Mac may be bad. With respect to the router there is no timeout. Have you tried using a USB network adapter or maybe steal one from another computer if there is one to see if it still happens on that Mac?

Options
Re:Wireless Connection Lost on MacBooks
2020-04-12 02:23:51

@Tony I would agree IF one MacBook had this issue but I have two MacBooks that can't stay connected.  Seems odd.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 2