Smart Switches HS200 turn off before the configured schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-10 13:43:40
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I recently bought 3 smart lights switches to control the coach lights and flood lights at the front of my house. installation went well i was able to add it to my exisitng kasa. i then configured the switches in a group so that i can turn them on and off as a single unit. so far so good.

i have setup 2 scenes, one to turn on the lights and another to turn them off. that also works well. the issue that i am having is the Smart actions: 

i have setup 2 smart actions, one to turn on the lights at sunset and another to turn them off at sunrise. the sunset smart action successfully turns on the lights (7:55pm in north texas) and they stay on but never until sunrise (7:05 am). 

looking at the daily consumtion numbers i can see that they stay on less that an hour (.88 hours based on the app). so at some point during the schedule they turn off by themselves.

i have also tried setting them up with individual schedules (sunset / sunrise) but the same situation happens.

what could be causing this?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Smart Switches HS200 turn off before the configured schedule
2020-04-10 16:27:13

@xavierh19 

Look at the times the smart switches are currently set for by looking in the device settings. If they are off go into the Kasa app settings and sync the correct time.

Options
2020-04-10 16:31:27

@Tony 

hello Tony tha al for your reply. All switches have both time and time zone configured correctly. As I said before they do turn on at the right time (sunset) but they don't stay on until sunrise. 

Tony wrote

@xavierh19 

Look at the times the smart switches are currently set for by looking in the device settings. If they are off go into the Kasa app settings and sync the correct time.

Options
2020-04-10 19:52:37

@xavierh19 

The switch should say when it is coming on or scheduled to come on. Are those times showing correctly?

Have any of them been factory defaulted and schedule created again?

Are the smart switches linked to anything like Google or Alexa?

Options
2020-04-10 20:12:12

@Tony 

if i set the schedule scenes and smart actions The time that they will come on will not show ont he individual switch. If I set them on a schedule individually yes the time will show up. 

currently  they are added to amazon but there is no routine set there 

Options
2020-04-10 21:13:02

@xavierh19 

I would recommend reaching out to our smart team here: kasa.support@tp-link.com

They should be able to it on the back end to see what they can find for you.

Options
2020-04-11 14:57:24

@Tony 

thank you tony I mail them them and send them a link to this thread also 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 967

Replies: 6

Related Articles