IP Security Cameras causes Extender to say “No Internet Connection”

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 16:07:33
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

I have recently installed wireless IP cameras around my house and what I have noticed is that once I have finished installing them, it has caused my wifi extender to say "no internet connection" on all my devices that are connected to it or simply just disconnects from the extender. But once I unplug my cameras, my wifi extender seems to be working fine with no issues. Can anyone please help me solve this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP Security Cameras causes Extender to say “No Internet Connection”
2020-04-13 19:03:43

@jr_decasa 

Likley the issue is that the Cameras are causing a handshake issue between the router and the extender, or even possibly an IP conflict.  One suggestion would be to statically asign IPs outside of your DHCP range to the cameras.  If that does not help you may need to contact the manufacture of the router or the cameras themself to see what is causing the issue further.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 803

Replies: 1