Dumb Question about _EXT on AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 17:41:29
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

I just bought an AC750 (couldn't pick it up from the above list) and set it up ok with the Tether App. It created two extra networks for my 2.4 and 5ghz both named ####_EXT. 

My question is whether I actually have to be on those in order to get the benefits of the extender, or if it will work even on my primary network not with the _EXT? If this is indeed the case that I need to be on it, how would I be able to switch this, as there are parts of the house where it's just better to be on the main wifi from the router and I don't want to have to switch when I walk to the back of the house with my phone. 

Thanks in advance,

Eric 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dumb Question about _EXT on AC750
2020-04-13 19:11:37

@hauntedhivezzz 

The networks with _EXT are the extended networks created by the extender.  If you want to use the extender you would simply connect to that network using your primary network's password.  After that its just a matter of connecting to the network you want to use whether it be the primary one or the extended.  You can configure the extender to use the same SSID by logging into the extender clicking on settings > Wireless > Extended Network.  Then click in the box with the SSID and remove _EXT then finally click save. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2441

Replies: 1

Related Articles