Device browsing history

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device browsing history

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Device browsing history
Device browsing history
2020-04-12 07:40:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, 

I own Deco M9+ and would like to understand

• how to check device browsing history through Deco M9 app.
  • How to check which version of firmware is running on my deco 
  • I have tried to access desktop app at tplinkdeco.net / 198.168.68.1 but site is not accessible. is this option available for Deco m9+

Appreciate if you have feed back your expertise here.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Device browsing history
2020-04-12 15:50:05
I have the same question, except with the M5 (browsing history and usage history for each device)
Options
2020-04-13 20:56:35

@krish-na 

1. Add a device into the parental controls, then select the profile after and you can view the insights which shows sites that are visited:

2. Go in the "More" settings of the Deco app, then go to Update Deco.

3. That is currently not possible, will be in a later firmware release.

Options
2022-01-13 23:24:30 - last edited 2022-01-13 23:26:02

Why can't we view individual device browsing history? It doesn't make sense to only have profile based history. How can I tell which machine (user) is viewing what?  Also why is the app only showing the 10 latest websites in the history?  That accounts for like 1 minute of real-time viewing.   I would have to be actively monitoring the app ALL the time just to see what they are doing!

Options
2022-01-14 02:00:57
I agree with Hurdfam, doesn't make sense. For power users like me I need additional control over my router. Currently, TPLink restricting me to do such activitiy. I need to understand browsing history for each device under a profile and require more controls at what times I can provide access to device under a profile. For example: Keeping children in view, If a device A should access the internet at a specific hour during the day, currently this is not possible with deco. the reason behind this is, my child may work on laptop offline while he can focus on his task without deviation. I am seriously considering moving away from TPLink because of this feature lack. For me, it's not real worth for not having more controls to parents. PROFILE feature may apply for general consumers who are not tech savy/power users.
Options
2022-06-07 20:57:44

@Tony "That is currently not possible, will be in a later firmware release." it's June 2022 are we going to get the ability to see device history?

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 49748

Replies: 5

Related Articles