Network topology - help needed with adding Deco M5 wifi to existing AT&T U-verse Fiber setup
- AT&T Residential Gateway (ARRIS BGW210-700)
- TP-Link 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Network Switch (TL-SG1024)
- TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Network Switch (TL-SG1008D)
- TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Network Switch (TL-SG1005D)
- TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (Deco M5)
Currently, my home setup has the following network topology:
Internet > BGW210 (port labeled ONT)
BGW210 (port 1) > 24-port switch (port 1)
24-port switch (ports 2-8) > various rooms (each with its own 8-port/5-port switch)
The BGW210 also provides (crappy) wifi in my 2-story house, hence the need to replace the wifi with the Deco M5.
My question is how (and at which point of the topology) do I introduce the 3 Deco devices? My initial thinking was to choose 3 of the rooms & connect each Deco device to the respective hubs in that room. Someone at work told me that wouldn't work. I'm not that great with networking, so most of what he told me went right over my head :)
Would appreciate some help before I bother the TP-Link chat support personnel.
I saw the following FAQ but it confused me even more than before: