P9 system speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9 system speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
P9 system speed
P9 system speed
2020-04-14 16:41:49
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: up to date

Hi everyone,

I have a 2200 sqft home and I have just installed the p9 mesh system.  I had an ASUS Dual-Band 2x2 AC1300 router before hand.  I bought the p9 system because I thought it would give me higher speeds and more coverage.  Every speed test I have done on every machine (wired and wireless) has been slower, had higher ping and more jitter than my old router.  The main issue is that my Peloton (android tablet) can't stream video at the highest rate - where it coudl with hte old router.

I just want to know if this is anyone elses experience with the p9 system or if there is something I am doing wrong.  Is it just a slow system?  

Thanks,

Allen

Options
7 Reply
Re:P9 system speed
2020-04-15 14:36:29

@AllenH 

Wire a computer to the first Deco and do a speed test to see if it is getting the speed it should. If so, try placing the Deco units at a different location that is closer

Options
2020-04-15 15:24:06

@Tony I actually don't have a computer with an ethernet port... or at least one that Isn't stored.

I do have it wired to my xbox though.  I was getting 550mbs and 20 ping with hardwired with my old router and now I am getting 280mps and 40 ping with this deco unit.

Wireless performance is similarly reduced.

Options
2020-04-15 20:43:08

@AllenH 

The Xbox should be a good gauge. Go into the Deco and and set the QoS to Standard, also make sure no device is set for high priority (tap on the device in the device list).

Options
2020-04-15 20:45:43

@Tony thanks.trying that now.

Options
2020-04-15 20:50:02

@Tony took two devices off priority.

When I go to the qos tab I only see this: 

There is no ”standard" option.

Options
2020-04-17 16:40:56

@AllenH 

Thanks for the screenshot, I think the QoS exists in the HomeCare Decos.

If you were to power down the other slave Deco units, does the main unit still give you speeds that are slower? What speeds are you getting in comparison?

Options
2020-04-17 16:44:00

@Tony I have powered down both other units and only have the single unit connected directly to the modem. I have done a speed test with a single deco unit hardwired to a computer and the single old router hardware to the computer. There is a noticeable difference. The ping doesn't seem to get below 40 with the deco unit and the download doesn't seem to get above 350.

I'm not sure what else to do besides return these units. It seems that these are designed for threat of coverage and have some sort of cap on the max even when hard-wired

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1056

Replies: 7

Related Articles