My Sentinal Camera's lost connection when connecting through Decco M5 AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 17:07:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 rel 65392

I have 3 decos at my home used as AP's . One Deco is  connected to my ISP router(ethernet) and I have 2 Deco's connected to that main hub as (AP). My Sentinal security camera hub is connected to the main Deco(again ethernet to Deco). All cameras now connected (3) to 2 different Deco;s (AP) through WFI. The problem is, once I restart the Deco's these cameras will stay connected to the hub for 15 minutes and then they go offline from the security hub. I can still see them connected in the Decco app but on my Security hub they are offline. If I restarted either the deco that they are connected o the sec hub, they all will connect back and stay for next 15 minutes. If I connect the camera's directly to the security hub, they stay connected for all the  time. I don't want to do that becuase the signal stregth is not good in that configuration. Please let me know what deco is doing when more than one decco AP's are used and how the exchange the routing between these units. I taked to sentinal and they looked into it and couldn't find any problems since the camera's stayed connected when they conect to the hub directly.

Thanks

Denny

Options
6 Reply
Re:My Sentinal Camera's lost connection when connecting through Decco M5 AP
2020-04-17 22:59:42

@DJose 

If you look in the Deco app, then select the globe icon, then tap on one of the Deco units does it indicate how it is connected?

Options
2020-04-20 16:21:11

@Tony  You mean the camera, it shows connected to a hub as mesh trun on

Options
2020-04-20 17:58:11

@DJose 

When more then one Deco is used each Deco units establishes the fastest path to the main Deco. One Deco slave may connect to the other Deco slave or it may go directly to the main router. You are not able to tell a Deco what node to connect to so it all depends on the system in the backend what it chooses to connect to. The only way you can currently do that is to wire one Deco to another with a Ethernet cable.

Options
2020-04-20 18:39:09
Thanks for the reply Tony.. As of now, I guess in a mesh network, this shouldn't be a probem, which ever way they connect internally, my hub should be able to discover the camera's since all of them are connected to one of the decos in the mesh. It seems like , when i have a camera connected to the main deco(where the hub is connected) hub is able to find the camera online, if any of the camera's conected to a slave deco, intially my hub able to find it but after it drops connection (say after 15 minutes) hub will no longer identify that camera, but if i check the slave deco app, i can see that camera is still connected to the slave deco
Options
2020-04-21 22:22:08 - last edited 2020-04-27 15:23:16

@DJose 

It sounds like some keep-alive ping or packet stops. 

What is the model of the hub and cameras?

I have heard of Nest cameras having a hard time with mesh networks, but haven't heard about yours.

Options
2020-04-24 23:06:04

@Tony 

Deep Sentinal Cameras, they only have one version, basically they are nightvision cameras connected to a hub. If a connect all cameras to the hub they all work fine. One other we noticed that when they connect to the decco which the hub is connected , they stay connected. Only problem is when they connect to the slave deccos

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 799

Replies: 6