Only need 2 out of the 3 pack. Can I give the other one to a friend to use as single or AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Only need 2 out of the 3 pack. Can I give the other one to a friend to use as single or AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 08:41:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just what the title says. Do the three routers only work together or can I let my friend have one 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Only need 2 out of the 3 pack. Can I give the other one to a friend to use as single or AP
2020-04-20 21:54:06 - last edited 2020-04-20 21:54:34

@Epicfailz 

You do not need all three, you can give one node to your friend if you want, and you guys will have your own networks. Only thing I can think of that may be an issue is the serial numbers. All three should be tied together, just different letters like A, B, and C. So if you ever need to replacement, you will need to send all of the units. The manufacturer warranty is two years from the date of purchase so just wanted to point that out. Now if you looked at all the serial number and they are all completely different, then it would be no worry.

Options