Download speed slower when wired connection vs WiFi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-20 22:36:27
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello I am unsure if this topic has already been discussed before. But I am experiencing slower connection speeds when connected via Ethernet directly to the unit vs WiFi connection.

Does anyone know why this would happen? 

Here is the first photo  direct Ethernet connection to my laptop  see picture below:

Second photo is a screen shot from my iPhone doing the same speed test and I received much higher results:

if anyone has any suggestions or can help me please let me know. I want to run an Ethernet cable directly to my tv and other devices. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Download speed slower when wired connection vs WiFi connection
2020-04-21 20:03:06

@Jdmekr 

Devices themselves can also be the bottleneck when doing speed tests. You want to test with multiple devices. Test the wireless aspect on the laptop to see if that is also slower compared to your iPhone. 

Power down any slave Decos, and focus on the main Deco to see what speed you get from that.

Options
2020-04-22 01:32:36

Hi @Tony thank you for the suggestions. Here are the recent test. 

first photo computer using WiFi 

2nd photo WiFi from my phone in same location as my computer 

Options
2020-04-22 20:12:03

@Jdmekr 

Thank you for the information.

For the computer that is wired, look at the connection status, usually in Network and Sharing Center, what is the link speed? Does it shows 1 Gbps or 100 Mbps?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 745

Replies: 3