App fails to refresh devices connected and others are not shown

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 21:37:40
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.10.7

Since latest update to the app my devices are not updating. For example, I still show an old iPhone not in use for 2 weeks and the new iPhone does not show at all but is actually connected.  Further, the app did notify that a new device was added but when I open the message it responds with "This device has been removed". Other devices since April 12th have similar issues but I didn't click on the message when it came up so it would remove it. Still doesn't show but fully connected. 

I've rebooted the system and when that didn't work I dropped it back to factory settings and that didn't do anything either. Maybe it's the last update but it's functional. Was working great before. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:App fails to refresh devices connected and others are not shown
2020-04-23 17:55:56

@Knappster 

What is the Deco app version you are running, and the full firmware build your Deco is running?

The only thing you updated was only the Deco app?

Options
2020-04-23 18:49:59
App version is 1.10.7 Firmware is 1.1.0 Build 20190620 release 45372
Options
2020-04-23 19:18:45
I don’t recall if it was the app update or firmware update it think it was the latest app update since the firmware isn’t updated as often.
Options
2020-04-24 15:28:31

@Knappster 

Thank you for the information.

You mentioned that you factory defaulted the Deco. In that case, were each Deco node defaulted by pressing the reset button below for 1 second, then the Deco network deleted in the app, and reinstallation of the Deco app?

Options
2020-04-24 15:41:33
I didn’t reset each node as described so I will try that then report back. Thanks.
Options
2020-04-28 02:02:32
Reset all nodes and reset the entire system and deleted and reinstalled the app and I am in order. Thanks!
Options
2020-04-28 23:29:52

@Knappster 

Great to hear things are working. If it happens again, please let us know.

Options
2020-05-13 23:11:08

@Knappster Would you please explain what you did to fix the issue?  I'm having the same problem.  Confused. I appreciate you help 

Options
2020-05-14 00:02:01

swady6 wrote

@Knappster Would you please explain what you did to fix the issue?  I'm having the same problem.  Confused. I appreciate you help 

swady6 wrote

swady6 wrote

@swady6   Hi Swady6.  Here's what I did.  First, I used the app to screen shot some of my advanced settings like port forwarding and ID for some of my devices so I wouldn't have to figure out some of them later.  Second, I unplugged my non-main Deco units (not the main Deco unit but the satellite units).  Third, I reset my internet modem to make sure that was also started as new.   Fourth, I used the reset button on the bottom of the main Deco unit and reset that unit back to factory.  Fifth, once that was back in place I set up my Deco system just like I did when I got it.  Once the main Deco came back up I connected to the WiFi for that main Deco and followed the prompts.  Once that was done the system had the first Deco unit fully operational.  I went to the first satellite Deco and used the Reset button on that unit and once powered up it connected to the main Deco.  I repeated that last step on the other Satellite unit.  At the end, I ensured all my devices were back connected and showing up properly.  Make sure you fully reset all 3 Deco units.  That's the part I missed the first couple of times.  Hope this helps you.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1566

Replies: 9

Related Articles