Need a time based “activity zones” setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 03:19:09
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It would be better if the app of Kasa is able to set up the activity zones per timeframe, e.g. from 9AM~5PM a set of activity zones, 5PM-9AM the other set. The reason is that there is a tree out of my front door, which the wind will th tree swing and trigger the alerts very annoying, but I still want it covered after sunset.
it is supposed to be a simple feature, just add a time schedule tab and move the settings under the schedule, or vice versa.

Thanks a lot if the TP link could consider this request seriously.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need a time based “activity zones” setup
2020-04-23 18:33:27

@Don_us 

We can and will submit the request but truthfully I wouldn't expect it.  What could likely fix you issue is changing your sensitivity settings.  The camera would need to be on.  From that point go to the settings and then Privacy and Sensitivity.  From there look at your motion sensitivity but also below that, the 'record motion that last longer than' option.  Adjust this so that quick movement does not trigger the camera it can range from 0.1seconds to 5 seconds.  

Options
2020-04-23 18:43:09

@Carl 

If the motion sensitivity is too low, it will not detect any motions. so it does not work to me.

please help me out to request the fix of the time based setup. it is supposed to be straightforward since many similar apps already had it.

Carl wrote

@Don_us 

We can and will submit the request but truthfully I wouldn't expect it.  What could likely fix you issue is changing your sensitivity settings.  The camera would need to be on.  From that point go to the settings and then Privacy and Sensitivity.  From there look at your motion sensitivity but also below that, the 'record motion that last longer than' option.  Adjust this so that quick movement does not trigger the camera it can range from 0.1seconds to 5 seconds.  

Options
2020-04-23 19:00:27

@Don_us 

That is true, I'm not suggesting reducing it all the way but adjusting it slightly so the tree doesn't trigger can fix the issue.  That is why i pointed out the record motion that last longer than if you set it from 0.1 seconds to say 1 second.  Any motion inbetween will not be triggered.  Another thing is you could always set the activtivty zones aroud the tree you can set up to 4.  This way the tree is not in a coverage zone. 

You would think it would be simple and straight forward but its not.  This would require retooling the schedule feature, which for all Kasa products is just for turning a product on or off.  That on top of you being the first person to ask for such a feature is why i said it wouldn't be likely.  Again though it has been added to the features requests. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 3