No internet on devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet on devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet on devices
No internet on devices
2020-04-23 09:55:26
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased a tp-link wifi extender and have paired it with my virgin media hub. All 5 lights are lit up on the extender to show there is a good signal and on my iphone the extender network shows and also has 5 bars however, when I connect to it and then try and use the internet, it does not work. This is the same with all devices that I try and connect. I have seen people posting about checking IP addresses etc but I am not sure what this means or how to do it so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:No internet on devices
2020-04-23 18:02:36

@BethWoolley 

Hi Beth

First check the RE light, aprox 10 o'clock postion on the light ring.  Make sure it is lit.  This is the light that indicates the link to the AP it is attached to.  If this light is lit what may be the case depending on your source device security settings is the MAC id of the RE would need to be added to allow traffic.  For that you would need work with Virgin Media, as we do not have knowledge of their devices.  

In most cases if a RE looks setup and devices can connect to its network but not to the internet this is the case.  

Checking IPs is simple if you have a windows computer go to the serach feild and type in CMD then press enter.  In the window that appears type: ipconfig /all   Then look for the active adapter and see what the IP address is.  If it is 169.254.x.x  that indicates the router/ap source is not providing IP addresses.  Again it likely would point to the information above. 

Best 

Options