I have two issues I need help with and I'm getting desperate!
I have 3 M4 Deco routers. I bought them in Nov. 2019 from Amazon. They worked fine until recently. Here's the issue
- router randomly drops all signals 5-10 times a day and each "drop" is between 2 min and 30 min
- When signal drops, LED on all routers goes solid red.
- IP address on device side is correct (meaning the devices do not lose the the IP address)
- It's NOT the signal coming into the house. I had the ISP (Spectrum) check the signal twice. The signal coming into the house is fine
- It's NOT the modem. When the signal drops, I can connect to the modem directly and get on the internet.
FIXES SO FAR (all recommended by TP-Link)
- rebooted routers
- reset all routers
- reset and reassigned main router to be slave router
- set DNS server primary 188.8.131.52
- set DNS server secondary 184.108.40.206
Any suggestions before I play hammer throw and toss these things as far as I can? Customer support painfully unhelpful!
2. All my Decos are labeled M4R...what's the "R" stand for?
I'm beginning to think it means refurbished.