Archer AX Router family - compatible with Deco X60?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-24 06:29:23 - last edited 2020-04-24 21:38:12

If I use an Archer AX router as main router connected to the cable modem, can I use Deco X60 throughout the house as access points, some connected to the router via Ethernet, and some connected wirelessly for backhaul? Are they compatible, would fast roaming work?

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX Router family - compatible with Deco X60?-Solution
2020-04-24 18:33:42 - last edited 2020-04-24 21:38:12

@ReallyHopeful 

The AX router will not have the mesh capabilities to work in sync with the Deco mesh. So you will have the wireless network of the AX router and the wireless network of the Deco. If you name them the same, then you will have a seamless connection when walking among the Deco nodes, but will have a connection drop when it switches to the AX router. 

What you can do is have the AX router Wi-Fi different from the Deco. You will just need to connect over depending on where you are. You could also look at disabling the Wi-Fi on the AX router, but I am not sure if you would want to do that, and have the Deco be the only wireless network available.

As access points at least one Deco must be wired to the router, the rest can also be wired to the router or be placed around or wired to each other.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX Router family - compatible with Deco X60?-Solution
2020-04-24 18:33:42 - last edited 2020-04-24 21:38:12

@ReallyHopeful 

The AX router will not have the mesh capabilities to work in sync with the Deco mesh. So you will have the wireless network of the AX router and the wireless network of the Deco. If you name them the same, then you will have a seamless connection when walking among the Deco nodes, but will have a connection drop when it switches to the AX router. 

What you can do is have the AX router Wi-Fi different from the Deco. You will just need to connect over depending on where you are. You could also look at disabling the Wi-Fi on the AX router, but I am not sure if you would want to do that, and have the Deco be the only wireless network available.

As access points at least one Deco must be wired to the router, the rest can also be wired to the router or be placed around or wired to each other.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2988

Replies: 1

Related Articles