Does trying AP mode erase router network settings/profiles?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-25 05:53:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just upgraded my Xfinity service, and am going to try using their Xfi router/modem combo. I unplugged my Decos and set the Xfi router up with the same Wi-Fi name/password so my devices would just reconnect. As expected, the range of the single device doesn't reach fully around the house. I want to try using my Deco M5 in access point mode, but am confused on a couple of points on how to switch to that in my current situation:

• If I switch to Access Point mode, and later switch back to router mode, will the Deco remember the customizations of the previous Wi-Fi network, or will all over those settings (custom device names, profiles, etc) be lost when I switch to AP mode?
  • If the Xfinity router now has the same Wi-Fi name as the Deco, how would I connect to the Deco to change it to AP mode? Wouldn't the same network name prevent me from accessing the Deco? Or would the Deco app still see the unit in order to allow me to switch it?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Does trying AP mode erase router network settings/profiles?
2020-04-27 20:13:54

@Porkozone 

1. The settings will be saved when switching back and forth.

2. The Deco app will try to access the settings locally, but if not it will just do that remotely so either way you will get to your Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 1

Related Articles