sonos speaker being detected as ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 17:50:11
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a mesh set up as a regular mesh. The main unit is connected to the cable modem and a vunch of stuff there is connected via a hardwired switch and works great.

In my living room, I have a deco router that has a computer (media server) hardwired, however if I hardwire /another/ sonos to this unit, the deco detect it as ethernet backhaul. Surprisingly it can still somehow pass stuff back to the main router (I suppose through the private wifi system the sonos speakers have created (!)), but anything connected to that deco unit only gets about 3-5MBpse bandwidth.

If i unplug the Sonos speakers, everything goes back to normal with a wifi link to the main deco unit and 300-500 MBps from the router - however my sonos system is far more stable when I have multiple speakers hardwired to different mesh routers it seems like...

Is there a way to simply tell the deco router to NOT go into ethernet backhaul mode even if it things the sonos connected to it is an ethernet link???

Options
1 Reply
Re:sonos speaker being detected as ethernet backhaul
2020-04-27 22:54:47

@erist 

Do you get the same thing if you try other Deco units or wiring it to the multiple port switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 1

Related Articles