Can't complete new Deco M5 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 21:21:26

Been trying to set up a new Deco M5 router.  We enter all the info requested of us, and after entering our Internet type and so on, the light on the Deco turns red, and the phone app says it can't connect to th enetwork we just created.  I'm an ignoramus about this stuff - I don't recall having any problems setting up out old D-Link, but then again I had documentation to work with and not just a phone app.  I don't even know what additional information to provide to start things out here.  We have Charter/Spectrum cable Internet with a newer modem.  Totally in the dark about what to do next, and any help would be most appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't complete new Deco M5 router
2020-04-27 23:02:47

@Dantalion64 

The modem probably does not recognize the new router. Leave the Deco alone that is wired to the modem while it is red. Go over to the modem and power it down for a couple of minutes, then power it back up. Once the modem boots back up it should recognize the Deco, and then the LED should change to green.

Options
2020-04-30 21:58:31

@Tony Oh my goodness, thank you so much!  We're now all set up.

Options
2020-04-30 22:42:45

@Dantalion64 

Very welcome, great to hear the Deco is up and running.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 729

Replies: 3