connection lost AX6000 - "Clear all stats because time changed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection lost AX6000 - "Clear all stats because time changed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:connection lost AX6000 - "Clear all stats because time changed"
2021-05-07 08:45:35

@chieffuzz 

no, unfortunately no solution to the problem so far...

Options
2021-05-07 20:33:08
I have bad news.... my ax1800 is having the issue...
Options
2021-05-21 17:29:59

@saho Yep! Same issue with mine now. Started about a month ago but has gotten worse and worse. 

I had to change out the router with a backup and will have to probably get a new one. Probably have to try a different company. This seems to be getting more and more attention with no solution. 

Would love to know how a "time change" reboots a router. 

Options
2021-05-23 02:35:50

@Smoker65 

Have you tried to change the value of the NTP server?

I had same issue few months ago, and I was suspecting the time issue might be caused by NTP service.

The default value of the NTP servers are not reachable anymore.

You could update the NTP server to poo.ntp.org, or any NTP server that close to your region.

I have updated mine and it looks fine so far.

Cheers

Smoker65 wrote

@saho Yep! Same issue with mine now. Started about a month ago but has gotten worse and worse. 

I had to change out the router with a backup and will have to probably get a new one. Probably have to try a different company. This seems to be getting more and more attention with no solution. 

Would love to know how a "time change" reboots a router. 

Options
2021-05-23 14:41:20

@ktsiang 

I have tried setting the time to different servers and also a hard reset. 

Changing the time to a different NTP did not do the trick. I was still getting random reboots.

I did notice the reboots were happening when my wife and I were both using MS Teams. For some reason, if I was on a call (video or voice) and her Teams rang with a video or voice request, the router just rebooted. It was pretty consistent. I offloaded my work laptop with Teams to a wired connection directly to the Verizon router. I left her's on the wireless.

That seemed to get us through the day. 

That night, after work I did a hard reset on the router, upgraded to the latest firmware (I was one behind), and re-configured it from scratch, so far so good. I'm still keeping my work laptop on the LAN connected to the Verizon router for now.

I did turn off the "One Mesh" network setting since I do not have a mesh network at my house. I also left the 'Smart Connect" enabled for the wireless. I was trying to balance the 2.4 and 5 GHz connections but it got out of hand.

Basically, I started over and so far, so good. 

Thanks for the feedback! 

Options
2021-07-22 04:02:28

@saho 

I have the same problem, and I solved it a while ago.
I believe, Clear all stats because time changed, this message is not seen as a cause, but as a message that occurs after the equipment is restarted abnormally. We don't know the exact cause yet, but we know how to fix this phenomenon.

Model: AX1500, v.1.0 Firmare latest version

First of all, the following 3 parts were modified in consultation with the TP engineer.
1. Mac Clone
2. Fix Channel
3. Fix Wireless Channel Width

Detail
1. Mac Clone
In my case, the MAC clone is one of most recommendation from TP link. Well, I wonder what the meaning of this is, but technically, I this it is the same as the effect of resetting the ARP table.

2. Fix Channel
Both 2.4G and 5G channels were fixed as specific channels.

3. Fix Wireless Channel Width
Fixed at 20Mhz. In the meantime, I used 40Mhz for fear of interference with the Logitec wireless keyboard (2.4Ghz), but when I looked up the Reference, it seems to be more stable to use it fixedly at 20Mhz. There was no significant difference in the actual measured speed.

Conclusion AX1500, which restarted about 4 times a day after taking the above 3 measures, has been operating stably for 3 days without interruption.

I think the 3rd Channel Width was the biggest reason among them, and the reason is that whenever the network is disconnected, all the devices including the LAN are disconnected from the cloud connection. This is because this phenomenon cannot occur at the application or session level, but only at the physical layer. In the end, in the process of switching between 20Mhz and 40Mhz, it appears that the equipment is abnormally turned off. After fixing to 20Mhz, the same problem did not occur.

It is unfortunate, but I am stil fine to use TP link after fixing because this is the only model that can purchase a wireless device that supports Wifi6 800Mbps at this price is the TP.

And one thing I'm curious about is that the LED related logs keep happening, but I'm not sure what this means. However, since it does not affect the connection of the equipment, we ignore it and use it. Anyone who knows what the information about the LED log means, please reply.

Error Log

How to fix

Anyone know about LED log below?

Options
2021-11-07 14:55:38

Issue still exists in 2021

Options
2022-03-11 16:07:58

@saho same issue appeared a week ago

Hardware Version: ArcherC5400X v1.0
Software Version: 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956

Options
2022-03-14 15:13:43

@saho SOLVED for me it's surprisingly the internet/wan DNS if I set it to custom then the router works normally but if set it to dynamically obtain from isp the router randomly reset during the day !!!!!!

I disabled the QoS also it was slowing down my connection from 500mbps to ~230.

hopefully, this could help you sort this issue out.

a8eaa5ee6dda42888768f0d1a9b207d5

Options