parental controls with/without HomeCare?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-05 16:29:32
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I previously asked about the Archer C4000 vs AX3000, and Carl recommened for my current environment the C4000.  

I have a question about parental controls.  This is very important to our family.  On the C4000 web pages, it states:

*TP-Link HomeCareTM powered by Trend MicroTM (HomeCare) is included for 3 years from date of activation at no additional cost. Deactivation of HomeCare will disable certain parental controls and security protections

Through the emulator pages, I see parental controls under the HomeCare section on the Basic Setup tab.  On the Advanced Setup tab, Parental controls are separate, with no reference to HomeCare.  I have also looked at the documentation on how to set up the various profiles and controls, but there is not distinction that I saw for outside of HomeCare.

My questions are

- what parental controls are available without HomeCare?  

- what parental controls would be disabled after the free activation ends?  I don't anticipate wanting to pay for a basic service that should be built in to the router software, so what will no longer be functional?

Thank you,

-dma

Options
5 Reply
Re:parental controls with/without HomeCare?
2020-05-06 20:25:33

@DMALAND 

The C4000 will have HomeCare for the life of the product so after three years you will not lose any features.

Options
2020-05-06 23:34:41

@Tony Thank you, Tony!  That's good to hear!  Would the same apply to the AX3000?

Thank you,

-dma

Options
2020-05-07 16:43:36

@DMALAND 

The model Archer AX3000 does not have HomeCare so it does not apply to that.

Options
2021-01-31 04:39:34

@Tony I just got AX3000 but I couldn't find Homecare feature. Does Ax3000 come with Homecare?

Options
2021-02-01 17:39:04

@DMALAND 

The model Archer AX3000 does not have HomeCare, but it does have parental controls, quality of service, firewall, access control, and IP & MAC binding.

The model Archer AX50 does have HomeCare.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1279

Replies: 5

Related Articles