Deco M5 Channge change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Channge change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Channge change
Deco M5 Channge change
2020-05-06 16:54:48
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

I recently got a new laptop with the Intel 9560 wifi adapter in it.  The problem I am facing is that I am forced to make the adapter only use the 20Mhz Channels on the 5Ghz band.  The reason for this is that the wifi drop to no internet available when I attempt to use an online game.  I changed the 5GHZ setting to 20Mhz only and this stopped dropping wifi, but this results in abysmal speeds (60-80 MBPS) when using the wifi.  Even my normal speeds are only ~130-150 MBPS with this mesh system because of the awful way it implements the 2.4GHZ band.  If I were able to, and I am not, shut off the 2.4GHZ band the speeds are far better on 5GHZ.  This is yet another wrinkle in my overall mediocre experience with this system and the seeming inability to even adjust the channel it is using.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Channge change
2020-05-06 21:01:05

@Maverick494 

With the Deco mesh systems you do not have the added customizations like you would a SOHO router like an Archer C4000.

If you have multiple Deco units what if you use an Ethernet cable and wire to one of the nodes?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 1

Related Articles