Need help Bridging with a Tp-Link C59 to a C7 Router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 01:36:56 - last edited 2020-05-08 01:38:11
Model: Archer C59  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm in need of some technical assistance for a 2 router setup at my friends house. The main router is a C7 and it's in the house wired to the modem, I have a second one in the garage that needs to be able to extend or act as a second network, without a cable running from one to the other. So to solve this I enabled WDS Bridging via the 5Ghz network and connected the two, I also disabled DHCP on the router in the garage. However, despite this the connection will still randomly drop entirely on one or both of the routers or just some devices. I believe this to be because I failed to properly set a static IP on the second router in the garage. If anyone can help me decide what/how I should set the static Ip, gateway, subnet mask and DNS server  it would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need help Bridging with a Tp-Link C59 to a C7 Router.
2020-05-08 20:55:49

@Wackomojo 

What you described on the setup seems correct so far.

Here is what I would also do.

Make sure the IP of the router in the garage is statically set to be on the same subnet of the C7 so if the C7 is 192.168.0.1, set the garage router to 192.168.0.10.

Distance may be the reason for the connection drop so disconnect the WDS setup for the 5GHz and connect to the 2.4GHz instead. Yes, the speed may not be equal but it should be reliable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1