HS200 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS200 Issues
HS200 Issues
2020-05-09 00:17:16
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Trying to install a HS200 and having the issue many others have had with the lights flashing when initially turning on then the lights go immediately off. The WiFi cone also goes orange when I try to turn on the lights. I've checked the neutral wire like others have suggested but still nothing is work. Anyone have other ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200 Issues
2020-05-09 01:20:20

@BrianDipert 

Do you have a picture of the wireing of the old switch?

Options
2020-05-20 05:02:07

@BrianDipert 

I had the exact same issues!  I called, chatted, and emailed to tech support and was extremely disappointed with their response/level of knowledge.  I initially wired it up and-like you-experienced a flickering light bulb. At the switch, I had orange/green lights per the instructions, and I was able to connect to the wi-fi.  Using the switch, I tried to manually turn it off, but the switch didn't work.  After that, the switch light went blinking orange all of the time.

I have reset, rebooted, and re-wired the switch...now each time I put power to it, it immediately goes to blinking orange light and I have been unable to connect to the wi-fi.  It is almost as if something is fried.

Did you ever get yours to work?  If so, what did you do?

Options
2020-05-31 21:45:04

@B.Will 

Mine is wired correctly, it powers up, but only flashes orange, never green. Before I tried to hook up wifi, I manually turned on the light and the bulb flickered a few times then stopped working. With it only flashing orange, I can't get it to generate a wifi signal, there is no TP-LINK wifi. I'm going to return it and assume it is just defective. I had already installed one switch that works great, but something is not right with this one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3212

Replies: 3

Related Articles