Parental Control Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-09 16:25:57
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668

Hello,

I'm setting up Parental Controls in my shiny new Archer 2300 and it appears I found my second bug in 2 days. I set up a profile for my son and, after a few days, decided it was time to add additonal profiles. I created the profiles, added devices and when I went back to review them, the proflies page was blank. When I tried to recreate them, the device list when clicking the Add button was blank. However, when I went to Wireless Clients from the Network Map page, all the devices were there. When I tried to reboot using the Reboot icon, they Yes button on the confirmation dialog box no longer worked. I power cycled the router and the profiles were there. I added another profile, same thing. Very repeatable. I worked with a support person, sent them a number of screen shots and they escalated the case. Sorry, I didn't save the case number but it was submitted yesterday, 5/9.

Today, I'm trying to see the browsing history from a profile I set up yesterday. I click on the Insights icon on the profile I want to see and I see the summary of time on sites visited and when I click on the clock icon, I see time stamps of browsing history which is exactly what I would expect. However, when I select Yesterday, I see the summary of time on sites visited but when I click on the clock icon, I see the time stamps of browsing history for today rather thay yesterday. 

The whole reason I bought this roughter was to use the Parental Controls. The simple use case is I want to see what time each profile is using the internet at night on previous nights. 

Any thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Control Problems
2020-05-11 22:40:52

@raiderfan1 

Following with support was the correct way to do it as they are probably already working with the senior techs.

If the firmware was somehow corrupted what you can try is to manually update the firmware with the latest one even if it already does to see if that may clear it up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 1

Related Articles