Deco P9 lacking settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 lacking settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 lacking settings
Deco P9 lacking settings
2020-05-10 01:57:01 - last edited 2020-05-10 01:58:21
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Just got a new Deco P9 system for our house. It was very easy to setup, but I noticed there are several things that seem to be missing in the app. I am guessing these are just features that will hopefully come with new firmware updates.. And yes I checked for the latest firmware and mine have it installed. First off I am using Ethernet backhaul and when reading your instructions it says you can see if backhaul is working by checking Deco app, please click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the slave Deco, and you will see the slave Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the slave Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is an Ethernet icon, it means the slave Deco is using Ethernet backhaul. I don't see any ethernet or wifi signal source. I am not able to access the Deco P9 system via my internet browser using DDNS I setup.. I can't even see what IP address the dang thing is using, not an option in the app. I have no control over the network speeds 2.5ghz and 5ghz.. No idea how it handles this?  It seems very very limited n what you can actually do to the system.. Does anyone know if this is normal for the P9 system? Is there a faq section that actually says what you can and can't do on every Deco system.. I sure hope a newer firmware comes out soon that enables these options and many more.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 lacking settings
2020-05-10 08:48:22

@Ariff Have a look at the discussion here https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/187546?page=2

beta firmware out and starting to address the issues you are calling out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 812

Replies: 1

Related Articles