New Deco M9 Setup - Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Deco M9 Setup - Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New Deco M9 Setup - Help
New Deco M9 Setup - Help
2020-05-10 14:00:43
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My M9 equipment arrived yesterday and the setup seemed to go as planned.  I am in the UK and have Virgin Media Superhub 3 as my router.

My problem is althugh I am showing a strong Wifi Signal throughout the house I cant actually browse the internet in the previously "dead spots"  My app shows all Deco's connected and working and the devices (ipad's) are all logged on and show strong signal.

My router is still in router mode as I read mixed reviews about Modem mode.  I tried it in modem mode and then my TV would not connect at all so switched it back.

I turned Wifi off on the Virgin router and stopped it from broadcasting to ensure devices are logging into the M9 units.

I am hoping it gets better than this

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have watched so many setup video's and mine seems to be setup ok.

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Deco M9 Setup - Help
2020-05-12 15:44:27

@NickiK 

I would change the wireless network name of the Deco to something completely different. If you named it the same as your original Wi-Fi then that will cause confusion among your devices.

Look at the LED light of the main Deco, if it is red then it does not have an internet connection. The same also applies to the other units, if the satellite units are red then move them closer to the main Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1

Related Articles