Questions about DECO M9 Plus after use for 24 hours.
So while the setup seemed pretty straight forward it left me with questions that have me feeling very uneasy. Hopefully these can be answered and my fears proven unjustified otherwise this will be returned to the store immeditaely.
1. Is there a way to access the DECO locally without having to be connected to the WWW at all?
2. Why is the port forward table limited to 16 entries?
3. Why is the App the only way to connect and why do I need to sign in to TP-Link to do it? (understand that so far this screams out that TP-Link is positioning itself in between the user and the equipment in a way that could allow them to create a subscription based service and if true is unacceptable.)
4. Why is there no way for me to configue this from a PC? Is this possible or planned?
5. I do not have a broadband modem and it works just fine, is one necessary?