TP Link - Archer A7 Dropping internet speed very offen below 10 Mbps, Need router reboot everytime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link - Archer A7 Dropping internet speed very offen below 10 Mbps, Need router reboot everytime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 00:22:01
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

I have spectrum Connection with 200 Mbps speed, I used to have Modem provided by Spectrum and I never had any issues. I bougth A7 router and after few weeks I started noticing Internet speed going down randomly below 10 mbps. Now it is very pathetic as too frequently on daily basis internet speed is going down and I have to reboot the router. This will work for some time and I will get 200 mbps and then again it goes down. 

I have reached out to spectrum and they told everything good from their side. I even tried disabling WMM and NAT boost, also tried finding the log with any error, used Diagnostic and pinged www.google.com which loss 50% packet. so I guess some issue with router. I cheked with Near by also they dont seem having any issue with spectrum.

If some one can help me, really appreciate your help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link - Archer A7 Dropping internet speed very offen below 10 Mbps, Need router reboot everytime
2020-05-14 20:44:31

@ParveezRaja 

Do you have smart connect disabled?

When the router slows down, if you were to look at the router status page what does the CPU load and memory usage show?

Options
Re:TP Link - Archer A7 Dropping internet speed very offen below 10 Mbps, Need router reboot everytime
2020-05-16 07:19:55

@Tony I saw for probably 5 mins Memory was 30% consistent and CPU was changing from 50 to 95 % every 2 sec and also saw few numbers from 10 to 50 % in between.

Options
2020-05-18 16:24:55

@ParveezRaja 

Do a factory reset on the router by holding the rest for 15 seconds, before doing that if you want to restore your settings later go to Advanced > System Tools > Backup & Restore and save your config file.

When the router boots back up download the firmware it has and manually upload it: link

FAQ to upgrade the router (Case 1): https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2139/

If you are still getting the random slowdowns, it may be best to reach out to our support at that point.

Options