Archer A7 trouble getting internet connection from mobile devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 01:21:07
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

After upgrading to the latest firmware I'm constantly having issues with connecting via mobile devices and tablets on both 5 and 2.4 bands.  I have several other devices that work just fine with no problems such as laptops, Roku stick, 2 IP cameras, and a Ring doorbell.  However if I try to connect with an Android phone (OnePlus 5t and Galaxy S9), Android tablet, or Kindle Fire, it says "Connected, No Internet".  Rebooting the router doesn't seem to help, but if I log into the router portal and fiddle around with some things like changing the channel on the network or sometimes I can toggle the guest network, that will jump start things for maybe a day.  But then it just happens again.  I need some help here.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A7 trouble getting internet connection from mobile devices
2020-05-14 20:52:25

@ejay 

Are you able to downgrade the firmware to see if the issue goes away?

Options
2020-05-17 19:55:47

@Tony 

I downgraded to the version before the latest: 1.0.13 Build 20191203 rel.56070(5553)

Now I can no longer connect through the LAN ports.  This was working previously as I was hardwired when I downgraded the firmware to this version.  Just traded one problem for another crying.  Lights for the LAN port are green, but no internet connection and I can't access the router portal when hardwired, only wirelessly.

Options
2020-05-18 17:27:59

@ejay 

If the router is getting progressively worse, then it may be defective.

Perform a factory default by holding the reset for 20 seconds, then let go of the reset button. See if you are able to log into the router. If not, then contact our support as the router may have failed.

If you are able to log in set the device up and connect your devices to see if you come across the same issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 880

Replies: 3

Related Articles