TP-Link AC1750 Wired Ethernet Slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-15 02:15:32
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Bought this router in January 2020 from Amazon and I recently built a new desktop computer.  It's got gigabit internet and all that jazz but when I go to speedtest.net to test my speeds, i choose the closest server and single thread instead of multi-thread and the results always come out pretty low.  I have Spectrum 200 Mbps service recently upgraded to 400Mbps, waiting for the new modem to come in.

Currently, everything hooks up like this.

Modem

Archer 7

Old Netgear Router setup as a switch i have multiple peripherals to hook up at my desk.

Computer

Few things that i have done to make sure i was really having an issue that i needed help resolving.  I connected an iphone x to my 2.4 wireless signal and did the same test, also then connected my Razer Phone 2 and did the same test same server all within minutes of each other.  Then i connected to my 5 gig network and did the same test.

2.4 gig test

Iphone X - 56 Mbps down 11.2 Mbps Up

Razer Phone 2 - 58 Mbps down and 12.4 Mbps up.

Desktop Computer - 15 Mbps down 12.0 Mbps up  ( i know that i'm taking an extra step into a switch before connecting to my desktop and IP Phone but it shouldn't be 15Mbps while wireless connections are much higher)

5 gig test

iphone X - 192 Mbps down and 13.3 Mbps up

Razer Phone 2 - 195 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up

1) Now that i found there was an issue, I did the following.  Disconnected my old netgear router to plug straight into the Archer 7. Speeds remained the same.

2) Moved from Port#2 to Port 3 then to Port 4, maybe a slight increase, but also could just be the time of day for the test up to 20 Mbps.

3) Biggest improvement seems to be when I moved direct into the router with the new cable i just bought but that also only netted 38 Mbps when my wireless connections do much much more.

4) I read someone elses post about this model and when i checked my desktop right now, i am connected at 100Mbps and not gigabit speed.  Would that affect my speed that greatly?

5) QoS is off and i don't know what NAT boost is, and i don't see that in the advanced options of my device.

Now through all this, do i have issues with connectivity? Well I've noticed that it takes my computer 5-10 seconds longer to load web pages that would load almost immediately on my phone or my wifes MSI gaming laptop.  Gaming wise, video streaming wise, i have no problems whatsoever with response times or anything, what bothers me is that yes, my wired speeds should be equivalent and rival my wireless speeds.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1750 Wired Ethernet Slow
2020-05-15 02:22:51

So i also just double checked and connected the new Cat5E cable into my desktop directly from the router, now it says it connects at the Gigabit speed.

Single Thread speed test results are 43 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up

Multi thread has me at 220 Mbps down

Options
2020-10-10 13:36:44

@Shaowq91 Did you figure out what was causing the issue? I am in the same boat as you, direct connection from the modem I am over 400 mbps. but through the LAN port on the ac1750 I am only getting 120 mbps

Options
2020-10-11 16:03:49

@Kman220 

Your issue, not getting full speed, might be the same, but your environment might not be. At least not wirhout some details?

Is this an UPGRADE in speed?

Did you ever get full speed of 400Mbps?

Have you tried a NEW cable from the router to PC?

Have you deleted the LAN device (what OS are you on?) and re-installed it?

Can you tell what the Router gets for Speed? Specific router you have was NOT specified?

Have QoS enabled?

Do any devices get better speed?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2090

Replies: 3

Related Articles