Changing NAT Type D to NAT Type A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-15 14:24:52
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 170919

I'm unable to connect with my friends on Nintendo Switch gaming and notice that my house wi-fi is NAT type D (strict) and need to be NAT type A (open) to be able to connect. Im using TP-link modem router model TD-W8961N and tried to change the settings but i'm not tech savvy and didn't understand most of whats going on.

Most of the tutorial i looked up has different interface than mine and i tried calling the customer service/chat for several days now but they won't pick up. Please help me out I'm so frustrated that I don't know what to do!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing NAT Type D to NAT Type A
2020-05-15 20:52:51

@shayvanes 

Before you do that you need to find the IP address of your switch which should be in the system settings of the device.

Once you have the IP info you need to go to Advanced Setup > NAT > Virtual Server of the TP-Link device.

Rule Index: It is just what place you want the rule to reside so just put 1

Application: You should be able to leave this alone since you are putting your own ports

Protocol: Leave it on "All"

Start Port Number: Enter the number 1

End Port Number: Enter the number 65535

Local IP Address: This is the IP of the Nintendo switch

Select "Save" when you are done for the setting to take effect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5497

Replies: 1