Main Deco M5 Unit Ethernet Connected Devices Disabled when Internet is Disconnected???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Main Deco M5 Unit Ethernet Connected Devices Disabled when Internet is Disconnected???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-18 10:40:08
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221

Hi all,

I just purchased a NAS unit which is connected to a network switch, which is then connected to my main Deco unit's ethernet port.

The other port on the main deco unit is connected to my modem.

This is how the connection looks like:

Modem -> Main Deco unit -> 5 port network switch -> NAS + 4 other devices

The NAS is perfectly accessible via it's IP address when internet is connected. However, I noticed that once internet is disconnected, I can no longer access the NAS nor ping it. 

I logged into the Deco's administration menu and noticed that when inernet is connected, all the devices that are connected to the main deco (wired and wireless) appear on the client list as it should. But once internet is disconnected, all of the wired devices that are connected to the main Deco unit only, including my NAS, disappears from the client list as though they aren't connected to the wifi network at all. I am unable to ping them. 

To test the extent of the problem, I then disconnected all the devices from my main Deco unit and connected it into one of my other Deco units which are connected to the same network, and it appears that all the devices will remain connected to the wifi network even if internet is disconnected. 

So it seems that the problem is limited to the main Deco's ethernet port. I need my devices to be connected to my main deco where my UPS backup is for all my networking gear though. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this, and/or have any suggestions to resolve this. 

Much appreciated!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Main Deco M5 Unit Ethernet Connected Devices Disabled when Internet is Disconnected???
2020-05-19 17:35:31

@VTdeco 

It has to do with the LAN ports on the Deco unit. When the internet connection stops the LAN ports get confused and do not know what to do. When the internet returns the LAN ports should go back to normal.

Options
Re:Main Deco M5 Unit Ethernet Connected Devices Disabled when Internet is Disconnected???
2021-03-25 01:52:53

@VTdeco Will there be / is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 2