Cannot turn off my HS220 Smart Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-18 20:27:36
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.21.1

I have a Smart Switch installed for my dining room chandelier. A couple of weeks ago I was not able to turn the fixture off at the physical switch. I can switch it off in the app, but it doesn't actually turn the fixture off - even though the app shows it as off. So the fixture has been on 24/7 for a few weeks. Has anyone had this experience and if so, what was the problem/solution? Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot turn off my HS220 Smart Switch
2020-05-19 22:07:52

@LAWoman9 

If neither the physical switch or the app is not doing anything, something may have failed in the switch.

You could try double-checking the wiring, but if that looks normal I would reach out to our support at that point.

Options
2020-05-23 17:01:17

@Tony Thanks for the reply. I have reached out to customer support, but they keep asking me to try different things - which means I have to get someone over every time to look into it. I'm 95% sure there is something wrong with the switch and it's still under warranty. It is really annoying to have to jump through all these hoops to get a replacement. It's not like a smart plug - this is hard wired in the wall. :( 

Options
2020-10-13 17:17:45

@LAWoman9 

The same thing happened to me. Proving to TP-Link the switch was defective was a real ordeal. Adding insult to injury, they require you to ship the defective unit back at your expense. I have to assume this must happen with some regularity and they try to disincentivize the customer from pursuing warranty claims. As a result, I will avoid the brand in the future.

Options
2021-07-15 23:08:47 - last edited 2021-07-15 23:09:24

@Tony 

I Have recently had the same issue with 2 of the 13 dimmers I've installed. Light stays on and will not respond to the switch or the app. (Although both show the state toggling from on to off. 

cycling power at the circuit breaker has resolved the issue twice, but I am concerned it will recur. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2876

Replies: 4