Whitelist or customize the parental filter like Netgear Circle app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-18 22:07:44
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Having web category filters by age is a start, but it ends up filtering out many school sites like wevideo. Can you make this more like the Clever / Netgear app where there is an age filter plus an white list override or even "non managed" setting? I see that I can block individual sites, but I cannot unblock or whitelist. We have constantly change the settings from child to adult just to allow school Youtube, for example. There must be an easier way. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Whitelist or customize the parental filter like Netgear Circle app
2020-05-19 22:15:57

@614lee 

Thank you for the feature request.

Currently the system is power in the backend by TrendMicro which categories the various sites. 

Options
2020-11-24 02:34:03
I would agree that there needs to be more advanced filtering and whitelist capabilities. zoom.us is getting blocked by the 'Pay to Surf' category filter. When this filter was updated it killed my kids ability to attend class and not knowing what is controlling these filters it took me awhile to get them back online.
Options
2021-01-20 03:22:54
OK. TrendMicro sets the list of blocked sites and updates them. Thank you TrendMicro. This has to do with basic user customization, to make the firewall usable. We didn't pay TrenMicro $$, we paid TP-Link. Please make it happen. It seems like a very reasonable request. Not sure why you are dragging your feet on this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 555

Replies: 3