Deco M9 Plus details on connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-20 17:56:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

On Deco app Network Devices page, there is no info such as which Deco node the device is currently connected to, and whether it's connected thru wired or wireless. I am surprised such info is not available. Any new firmware of setting to get such info on the connected devices?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus details on connected devices
2020-05-21 17:10:56

@global 

The Deco M5 currently has that, not the M9, but in the next firmware release it should have it as well.

Options
2020-05-24 21:40:12

@Tony  but any idea when that will be? I just got my m9plus and every feature I was told it would have and doesn't just says "in a future firmare update".  I'm not sure I want to sit around and wait for an update that will or will not show up when I can return this and buy a different mesh system that already has those features out of the box like it should be. I'm sorry, I'm very frustrated with this gear and the BS I was told it would have or could do and can not. 

Options
2020-05-26 14:41:18

@BEinc 

No, there is no clear and cut date.

Options
2020-05-27 01:46:04

@Tony That has been standaard reply from TP link for more than a year now. Do you guys even care after selling a product?

Options
2020-05-27 03:56:32

Yeah, it's hard to believe such simple but useful feature is not available on M9 Plus, where it's available on M5. Interestingly, I had cheap Chinese brand Tenda, and the device info is very good. It tells which mesh node the device connects to, and whether it's wired or wifi. I also have Amplifi HD where it even tells whether the wifi connection is on 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz. It appears that TP-Link is giving up on the wifi 5 models?

Options
2020-06-02 04:32:11

@Sabros agree. How are we supposed to trust them when they can't even give us an estimated time? By the time they have the update ready they'll have new products they want us to upgrade to and or m9plus will be obsolete. 

@Tony with all due respect, you have to agree that's not an answer that's an excuse. What can you tell me that would make me not return my m9+ system right now for a system that prioritizes getting updates and standard features in a timely manner? How does the old m5 and v1 of m9 plus have these features but the v2 does not? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm legitimately asking, I want to know. I assume there has to be a reason because tp-link's business strategy isn't to piss off customers obviously. 

Thanks for your time and response

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1341

Replies: 6

Related Articles